Alcorn Extension Program serves as a
Resource Center for Small and Limited
Resource Vegetable and Fruit Producers.
Our program assists farmers in
strengthening their marketing skills
through establishing cooperatives
farmers' markets. We also assist our
small farmers in farm business
management, record keeping, and estate
planning. Workshops, seminars, and
demonstrations are conducted as needed
to ensure that the most recent and
reliable findings of agricultural researchbased
information and techniques are
relayed to the communities. This process
allows the flow of information back to t he
University so that research priorities can
1. Identifying and Managing Financial
Risk on the Farm.
2. Identifying and Managing Legal Risk on
3. Goat Production.
4. Pastured Poultry.
5. Enhancing Your Farm Family Income
through Syrup Production, Processing and
6. The Healthy Weights Program.
7. Leaders and Youth Building Strong
Communities: Forming Partnerships in
School and Community Clubs.
8. Land Stewardship / Land Management
9. Starting With the Basics: Perspectives
10. Tobacco Education.
Director, Small Farm Outreach /
Farm Management Specialist,
1000 ASU Dr. # 479,
Alcorn State, Ms 39096.
Phone: (601) 877-2305
Fax: (601) 877-6694