- Microscope with dark-field stop
- Suspension of Amoeba proteus
- Transfer pipette
- Slides and coverslips.
- Make a simple wet mount of the amoeba by placing a drop of the culture
on a slide and placing a cover slip on the slide.
- Observe and measure the amoeba using normal bright field optics.
- Place a dark field stop in the filter holder below the microscope’s substage
condenser and continue to monitor the movements of the amoeba.
- Note the differences in observable structure possible with dark-field
microscopy when compared to bright field. Draw and label the amoeba
viewed in both ways.